Thursday, December 3, 2015

Silent Sister No More

I got a call the other day from my sister-in-law.

She had seen my blog and had asked me what my aim was in creating it.

I told her that I wanted people experiencing infertility not to feel lonely, that someone else out there thinking what they were thinking, experiencing the same shots, mood swings, weight gain, also understanding the doubt they felt, sometimes hopelessness and futility, and even sharing funny anecdotes about infertility situations to add a little humor to this arena since G-d knows we could use a break from the seriousness of our cycles.

I wanted them to know me, and that I was them.

She said, "Then why do you hide behind the name ‘Silent Sister No More’ if you don't tell them who you are?"

She was right.

 If I want to be a resource for people who may be ashamed to comment on my blog, to be able to reach out to me if they need to, I need to be "out there."

So here I am.

My name is Elie, and I am silent no more.


You can reach me at esalomon@yeshtikva.org

No comments:

Post a Comment